Welcome to TRUST!
Click here to donate to TRUST through giveMN.org
South Minneapolis Coalition for Grief Support
Group runs from Thursday, May 23 through July 25 (no group on July 4) at St. Joan of Arc Parish Center, 4537 3rd Avenue South, Minneapolis, 55409
Click link for detailed schedule.
CoAM’s Life Enrichment Series
Runs on Mondays from April 8 through May 20 at Bethel Lutheran Church, 17th Ave. S. and 42nd Street E. in south Minneapolis. Click the link for more information.
TRUST Builders 2013 Build Dates
Upcoming Dates click link for all 2013 dates
Saturday, April 13
Saturday, April 27
Saturday, May 11
Friday, June 7
Saturday, June 8
TRUST’s Annual Plant Sale & Swap
Saturday, May 11, 2013, 8:00 am to Noon at Bethlehem Lutheran Church, 4100 Lyndale Avenue S., Minneapolis. Click the link for more information.
Now, about TRUST. Depending on when you are reading this:
- 97 meals are being delivered;
- 4 lawns are being mowed;
- two visits are being conducted by the Parish Nurse or her volunteers;
- eight elderly women are being transported to the grocery store;
- fifty retirees are attending a Life Enrichment lifelong learning event;
- forty-five people are going on a day tour;
- fifteen people are attending a grief support group;
- volunteers from five TRUST churches are providing 1:1 care to those with memory loss attending respite care at the Gathering;
- one of 22 annual estate sales is being held;
- TRUST Builders are putting a new roof on a house in north Minneapolis damaged by the tornado; and
- TRUST Youth are filling meal bags at Feed My Starving Children
ALL DONE THROUGH TRUST!
In 1970, clergy and lay leaders from eight congregations convened to ask what their churches could do better together than they could alone. That was the beginning years of service and celebration. Now there are 18 member congregations from nine denominations. Adding the other congregations that join to provide at least one of the services, there are 46 churches gathered with TRUST to do “good works” in the community.
What you see of TRUST depends on your interests and needs. TRUST’s programs have evolved from assessing needs in the community, seeing changing demographics in churches and following great ideas generated from one or more churches. TRUST has:
- programs such as Meals on Wheels and Parish Nursing that provide services;
- initiatives such as TRUST Builders and TRUST Youth which allow churches to collaborate on projects that they may not have the critical mass to undertake alone;
- partnerships with places like Redeemer Residence to provide our Wreath of Love holiday gifts to all the residents there;
- community events like our Dr. Martin Luther King Day celebration each year:
- volunteers who do the work; and, of course,
- fundraisers like our annual TRUST auction to keep it all running.
We hope you will find the information about TRUST useful. Please contact us if you need more information or if you would like to volunteer or donate. Church affiliation is not necessary to volunteer or to receive services. TRUST welcomes all.