Welcome to TRUST!
Click here to donate to TRUST through giveMN.org
If you are looking for the most current TRUST Estate Sale, go to estatesales.net. Because estate sales information might change and because we don’t want to list addresses on the web site, estatesales.net will have the most up to date information. And pictures, too!
CoAM–Holiday Day Trip
Thursday, December 15, 2016
Get Your Furnace or Boiler Tuned-Up and Raise Money for TRUST
In partnership with Uptown Plumbing, Heating and Cooling.
Click on the link to find out how.
- Saturday, December 10
South Minneapolis Coalition for Grief Support — Fall Series 2016
Thursdays, September 22nd through December 1st
Out Lady of Peace Church
5426 12th Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55417
Now, about TRUST.
Depending on when you are reading this:
- 87 meals are being delivered;
- 4 lawns are being mowed;
- two visits are being conducted by the Parish Nurse or her volunteers;
- eight elderly women are being transported to the grocery store;
- thirty retirees are attending a Life Enrichment lifelong learning event;
- forty-five people are going on a day tour;
- fifteen people are attending a grief support group;
- volunteers from five TRUST churches are providing 1:1 care to those with memory loss attending respite care at the Gathering;
- one of 28 annual estate sales is being held;
- TRUST Builders are creating affordable housing through Urban Homeworks; and
- TRUST Youth are providing service projects for the community.
ALL DONE THROUGH TRUST!
In 1970, clergy and lay leaders from eight congregations convened to ask what their churches could do better together than they could alone. That was the beginning years of service and celebration. Now there are 18 member congregations from nine denominations. Adding the other congregations that join to provide at least one of the services, there are 46 churches gathered with TRUST to do “good works” in the community.
What you see of TRUST depends on your interests and needs. TRUST’s programs have evolved from assessing needs in the community, seeing changing demographics in churches and following great ideas generated from one or more churches. TRUST has:
- programs such as Meals on Wheels and Parish Nursing that provide services;
- initiatives such as TRUST Builders and TRUST Youth which allow churches to collaborate on projects that they may not have the critical mass to undertake alone;
- partnerships with places like Redeemer Residence to provide our Wreath of Love holiday gifts to all the residents there;
- community events like our Dr. Martin Luther King Day celebration each year:
- 2,000 volunteers who do the work; and, of course,
- fundraisers like our annual TRUST auction to keep it all running.
We hope you will find the information about TRUST useful. Please contact us if you need more information or if you would like to volunteer or donate. Church affiliation is not necessary to volunteer or to receive services. TRUST welcomes all.